Jumping out of a hot shower only to find yourself in a cold bathroom can be quite a shock! With the weather set to get colder soon, it is a good idea to start thinking now about installing any new bathroom heating options.
Infrared heaters are a popular choice for bathrooms, because they combine both heating and light together. There are a lot of options out there, but IXL heaters are among the most widely used bathroom heat lamps on the market.
First, let’s take a step back.
What are infrared heat lamps?
Heat lamps are light fixtures that use special incandescent bulbs. The bulbs produce infrared radiation, which generates heat as well as light, and can be targeted to a specific direction making them effective in small or large spaces.
Bathroom heater lamps provide a number of key benefits, namely comfort and convenience. They are a safe, waterproof option for heating the bathroom and are known for being energy efficient.
What are the benefits of IXL heaters?
If you want to banish cold toes as you step out of the tub this winter, IXL heaters have a number of benefits over other brands, including:
- IXL bathroom heaters can be combined with an extractor fan, and are generally smaller than other heating systems – meaning that you can save space.
- The dual backdraft flaps work to prevent heat escaping from the bathroom when the bathroom heater exhaust fan is not in use.
- Lamps are designed to not only keep you warm; they also dry you when you step out of the shower.
- Draws away steam, pollutants and allergens from inside your home with a specially designed ducting system.
Installing bathroom heat lamps
Installing an infrared bathroom heater will not only help you to stay cosy and warm, it can also save you money on your heating bill. Although IXL bathroom heater lamps are considered safe, there are some important safety considerations during installation.
- Your IXL heater should be positioned at least 18 inches away from surfaces.
- Your IXL heater must be away from anything that might be a source of ignition, including towels, shower curtains and other fixtures.
- Your IXL heater must be out of the reach of children.
If you have any questions about whether or not a bathroom heater fan is right for you, just call us!
To get an IXL bathroom heater installed in your home before winter sets in, contact our Melbourne electricians call us on 1800 981 993.